Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

failed to save

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotiron

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2007
Hi all,
I've been getting a "failed to save" error when trying to save assemblies. I seem to remember seeing this before and got a macro to force rebuild all subs prior to save. It seemed to work for a while until now.
Has anyone seen this error?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

dg
"failed to save" search proved fruitless.
JM
I work locally and save often. Up until now, a full rebuild solves this issue. The only connection to the network, in this case, are some toolbox items. Does "transient" mean the problem comes and goes randomly? Thanks

If you are using configurations, cycle through all of them, explode all your explosions and collapse them, go back to Default config and force rebuild, then save.

This procedure has saved my a$$ more times than I'd like to admit. IF this doesnt work, then good luck. I know there are a couple of procedures people do to remedy it. however, up to now I still dont know exactly WHY it does it.

Here's a page on this issue, you'll find plenty of fixes there.

SW2008 Office Pro SP4.0
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

Curious, do any of you experience this problem that make use of a PDM System? I've been told by our VAR that a PDM will solve this problem, as it elliminates the basic problems with collaboration mode and / or the inherent problems with file locking at the OS level. This, BTW, is a strong selling point for people who are considering moving to a PDM from basic SW Collaboration Mode...

M.B. Price CSWP
Automated Assembly & Test Systems

I've had this warning happen to me while working on PDM and off PDM, on networks and off networks.

SW2008 Office Pro SP4.0
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot

I haven’t seen this error of a long time, and then yesterday it happened to me twice >:-<

Jim Self
SW2008 SP1.1
Dell Precision 670
3GB Ram
Quaddro FX 3400/4400
dlplimited.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back