Family table verification always successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

John010

Automotive
Sep 9, 2021
GB
Hello,

In Creo 4.0 M100, when i verify a family table it is always a success. Despite the fact that some component constraints are no longer possible due to the part they are assembled to now been suppressed in some instances. I only spot the lack of components by chance, the verify function did not warn me.

How can i fix Creo so in this example the verify will show "failed" or warn me in some other way?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's been a while but it seems like PTC threw in the towel on enforcing such things - I think there is a setting that says, don't bother the operator if an assembly operation fails, as part of the config.pro.

It used to be that PTC would force the user to actually fix problems that came up during regeneration, but then everyone thought that the Solidworks approach - don't bother the user with failure - was the way to go. I think this was done by automatically freezing any failed placements. Dunno about Creo 4.

Config.Pro option sounds likely.

I've searched though likely names and the only ones i could guess at are:

regen_failure_handling
allow_freeze_failed_assy_comp

Both are locked by Config.sup that i cannot edit as it is overridden on startup.

Can anyone confirm one of these options are the cause?

On a personal note: 3DDave, are you the 3DDave that makes Brummel bungs?

Whoever put those into the config.sup should be able to confirm; seems like a system administrator who doesn't like getting calls about failure and doesn't care about failure.

Sorry - no bungs.

So i have tested a fresh install of 4.0 M100 on a none network PC and it has the same results.
It is default behaviour.

I'm i remembering it incorrectly or has it been turned off with this new version?

I don't know what the default is - does Olaf Corten still run his utility website? Yup -
Looks like he's got a new web site, but it complains that it needs to do something about webcrawlers and doesn't work for me. Maybe some cookie is involved?

Anyway, under the word OCUS (stylized "O") click on the text for utilities, and you can find a listing of all the config options he knows about (use the search, but under the search he has links to all the various versions.) If it's an official config option he has the help for it. If it is hidden, no such luck, as for "NEW_VERIFY_FUNC"

Other than that try pushing it up the line with the Admin and then the software reseller or PTC. Very puzzling.

I see a lot of information on verifying family table instances, but it requires a current License agreement with PTC to read them.

You might also create an account on community.ptc.com and ask there. I believe it is still open to anyone, but I haven't used it in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back