Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fanuc 3015 160i control - Return to Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabproHelp

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2015
US
I need to manually return my B-axis to home position after the batteries died. Is there any parameter that holds that physical value anywhere on this machine? If i can find that, then i can manually return it to the reference point.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no value for the B-axis. I believe i have found the solution to that problem. I think it is param 1860 - to control your B-axis.

Now when i turn the APZ param to 1 it doesn't change. I now receive Alarm 309- which is reference return impossible

Now i am lost!!

If you have a 160i control and not an NT, you should be able to push +B and switch enable to get the B to reference.

If that doesn't work, it is okay to move be all the way up untill you get to over travel B+. Once you get that alarm, move back down "-" 0.05" to 0.1".

At this point, change both APC and APZ for the B axis to 1.

Nailed it Laserninja. Got her fixed. After I had called my Amada rep for a parameter number he told me, "Don't touch anything otherwise your machine won't run right afterwards. We will stop out tomorrow and have it fixed." HA HA this guy is looking for $1,000 to press two buttons. What a thief!!! Thank you all for the help!! It is much appreciated.

Very welcome. Please do a focus test just to make sure. It could have changed. The reference position may not be exactly the same as it was two weeks ago and that throws off your focal base point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back