Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fanuc OM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

majstr

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2006
SI
I would like to know how to send Macro files(O9000-O9999)into controler. Which parameter must be change to allow transmition? Thanks majstr

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I worked with those many years ago.
Are you talking about up loading those files to the control?
I don't remember all the specifics but, I remember when
I had a problem with something like that I'd just call the
file something else and then change the program number to
what you want after its sent.
You may have to just call Fanuc.

This milling center did not work a few years, so all parameters and macros were lost. We got them from machine builder, but Macro program must have special permition to transmiting into controler. They have nr. 9000 and more, so every time 085 error come on the screen.

I had something similar happen many years ago. So its all pretty foggy. There are 2 types of macros for Fanuc controls. I think it was type A and type B. And now its where I am in the fog. I can't remember which it is.
But for argument sake, say type "A" is what any Fanuc control can read with out anything special. But with type B
it has to have a special card or software to see it.
I ran into a machine at a place I worked at, that had a tool setter on it that had not worked since the day they got it new. And they never used it. I don't even think they knew it was a tool setter. I made it my project to get it working. The factory macro was type B and it always alarmed don't remember the number, but it is program not found.
I figured out that the machine did not have the special card or what ever to use that macro, so I wrote one similar but with more features in the type A. Don't know but could be your problem also. Also in the settings table, I think there is a place to turn on for macro's. Have you paged through the parameter pages looking for anything labeled as macro? What you need is a good book on the control. I would contact the machine manufacture and get those parameters from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back