Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fastener load transfer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidhi143

Feb 2, 2014
IN
Dear Engineers,?
how to calculate fastener load transfer on a plate and how to analyse in excel worksheet.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

build a compliance model, using Niu (pp230, Airframe Structural Design) ... it's easy to do in excel.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

can u explain how load distribution taken place on fasteners on lap joint ? Is there any link that can do it in a excel ???

compliance model means defining the different deflections that sum to the same. it accounts for the different load in the skin and dblr and the shear deflections of the fasteners. you end up with a bunch of simultaneous equations, easy to solve in excel. Niu's book has a good explanation.

Brian,
Thanks ... for the file. really its awesome macro in excel . Waiting for the book to be release as soon... but 1 problem occurs in that macro .
when i clicked on e-distribution show link , its coming up an error indicates that "error in dll" even though i enabled macros . please make sure of that. Really like to buy that pro version .

Regards,
Nidhish

can any1 suggests how to do load distribution among fasteners in lap joints? Please really its urgent to do a mini project.

there are many references for this ... Niu (I've given you the page number), Bruhn, Swift. The basic problem is easy to solve, equating deflections along different paths in the joint; just long and tedious to write down. google compliance models

Nidhish,

Sorry that it is giving you trouble. It is usually not problematic, but about 10-20% of users have issues. This seems to due to various versions of Excel, non US Language version, and other things difficult to control on the user end.

In the future, I plan on stripping out some of the more complex VBA code to make things go smoother. That will limit functionality on some modules, but increase compatibility.

Rb1957 gave some good thoughts on how to solve this problem manually. You will just have set up a NxN matrix and solve for the matrix. You will also need to determine "fastener flexibility" values. They are a function of plate thickness and choice of method (they vary greatly). Excel can invert a matrix as well.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back