Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fasteners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Mechanical
Apr 30, 2003
GB
Please can some one help. I am trying to use the fasteners (screws) in Pro/Mechanica Wildfire 2.0 to attach two parts together. I assembled the model in Pro/E using mate/aligh etc, then I transferred to Mechanica and put the screws in etc but when I run the design study I just get a fatal error saying "Mechanica could not generate elements for all of the entities" - the problem is that I have no idea how to rectify this.
Any clues as to what to do, or where I can find tutorials (I have got the PTC knowledge base one but that isn't a lot of help) on how to use fasteners in Mechanica would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Parsnip

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you checked the conectivity in your asm?, as well try to modify the aspect ratio and angles in your auto-gem, that can help you, probably your defauld is not produccing a god mesh and that is way you get this message.
regards.

I don't think it is the aspect ratio problem, since in auto-gem, if they find the required ratio is small, they will change the default value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back