Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal Error message while printing to HP LaserJet 5000 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerbob

Civil/Environmental
Dec 12, 2001
US
Hello all,
I'm using AutoCAD LT 2002, and trying to print to an HP LaserJet 5000 Series printer. Whenever I try to print to 11x17 paper, I get the following error message:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled c0000090h Exception at 3398b748h

I've searched Autodesk's website, and they have a patch that seems to address this issue, yet it is only for 2000 and older versions. I downloaded and ran it anyway, and the log told me that the versions of the files that were already installed we newer than those of the patch, therefore nothing was changed.

Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Tigerbob;

I have had occasional problems printing to HP laserjet 4 and I have 2 customers using laserjet 5000's who have had no problems using autocad.

What I have discovered is that the HP printer driver has trouble with some true-type fonts autocad uses. Try setting autocad text style to standard and make sure that you are not using a true type font. See if the error still occurs.

The laserjet 5000 is a great printer, it should work fine with autocad. Send an email to HP and see if they know of any problems with the driver. I have also heard that novell netware doesnt work well with autocad plotting but I have only heard that from 1 tech rep and I am not sure if it is true.

Regards Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back