Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fatal Error Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsbm

Structural
Apr 17, 2001
US
I am having a problem in Autocad 14 (and in 2000 for that matter) with a particular drawing that I have done that I cannot open due to a fatal error of "Unhandled Access Violation Exception at 418510h." I had the same problem earlier with this drawing and wound up deleting the drawing and starting over from scratch. Now the same drawing is having the same problem again. When I start to open the drawing, I can see the drawing in the preview box, so i know that its not lost. The opening process keeps getting stuck when regenerating the drawing. That is when I receive the error. The error has the option to save changes up to that point, but the alternate drawing that is supposed to be made by saving as a separate drawing gives the same error when opening it. I hope someone has an idea, because having to redraw an extensive drawing is getting time consuming. I would appreciate any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try this - open any other drawing that you have. Use the file drop down menu. Pick "utilities" and pick recover then select the damaged drawing.

Have you tried File: Drawing Utilities: Recover ?
This often fixes fatal error problems and returns you a workable drawing
I also set automatic backup file for every 10 minutes so if I cant recover, I have a working file to fall back on.
I have learned to do this from painful experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back