Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatigue Design Factors for fasteners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidhi143

Feb 2, 2014
IN
First of all, let me thank Brian and rb1957 for the immediate response for my first thread.

I would like to know What are design fatigue factors for fasteners. Some factors I got - hole filling, countersink depth factors, Stack up, fastener preload. But I cannot find relative journals for that.Please suggest some links for above factors, as well as suggest factors other than that.
Regards,
Nidhish.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Niu, Airframe Structural Design, pg 230

but i doubt you'll find a reference that addresses everything you need to know about fastener fatigue, if you find one post a link!

shear and tension applications will typically be discussed quite separately.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hi Nidhi143 and welcome to the forum!

I know just one material that explain in detail the fatigue analysis of bolted joints. Is the chapter 12 of the book:

Metal Fatigue Analysis Handbook: Practical problem-solving techniques for computer-aided engineering
Yung-Li Lee, Mark E. Barkey, Hong-Tae Kang
Elsevier

It's on of the best book on fatigue that I've ever read! The chapter 12 teaches about the design and analysis of metric bolted joints based on the VDI Guideline and Finite Element Analysis, subjected to both static and ciclic loading. That book is really worth reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back