Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

fatigue life improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmoudrik

Jul 3, 2006
CA
Hi every body,

I am trying to find results of fatigue life emprovement of holes in aluminum sheets using cold working and interference fot technics. Does any one have a good source or article on this topic.

Thanks for your help.

R. Moudrik

L3-MAS Canada

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Depends on whose coldworking method you use. FTI, Fatigue Technology, has presented what seem like a million papers at conferences, particularly Aging Aircraft and ASIP, that discuss their particular coldworking apparatus. Also, a few airframers in conjuction FTI have published results that describe fatigue life improvements using the FTI coldworking equipment.

Look for Len Reid. His name appears on many of these papers. Or contact him directly at FTI. (no this is not a commercial, I do not work for FTI!).

Keep in mind that there are many manufacturers of coldworking equipment, so I'd get a couple of results from a couple of different coldworking companies.

SAE Technical Papers are another source of data on this, mostly from vendors like FTI or in conjunction with manufacturers like Boeing. Try a keyword search at sae.org.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back