Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fault current calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

immsk

Mechanical
Jul 9, 2012
CA
Hi I am attempting to do the short circuit current calculations to determine an appropriate fuse size and I was wondering if some one could give me some pointers. The calculations are for a run between a 3ph 600/347V padmounted transformer and a switch gear. We are putting in a new 3ph service 600/347V, 1000AMP service and I would like to do some calculations in order to ensure that we have appropriate fusing selected to comply with ESA and utility requirements. If some one could walk me through the calculations or inform me of what specs and numbers I need to have before I can commence the analysis I would really appreciate it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi immsk,

Please avoid posting the same question in more than one forum. It causes confusion if two different threads get going on the same topic. Responders need to see all replies. You might want to read through the forum policies at Forum Policies. There is a method described in policy 4 to use more than one forum if absolutely necessary.

Here's a link to your other post, it is in a more appropriate place:

Thanks!!

Best to you,

Goober Dave

Haven't see the forum policies? Do so now: Forum Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back