Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FE Text For Begginers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgerPE

Structural
Jan 27, 2010
US
I would like to find a book that does a good job teaching the basics of FE analysis as I did not have a course in this for undergrad. Can anyone recommend a book that is easy enough to read and hopefully have some worked examples?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would recommend "Practical Stress Analysis with Finite Elements" by Bryan J Mac Donald. This book is more focused on application, but does cover the derivation of stiffness matrices and other simple but essential components of FEA.

If you can wade through all of the variational calculus I would recommend "An Introduction to the Finite Element Method" by J. N. Reddy.

MacDonalds book is definitely the one to start with.

I've also found that "Finite Element Analysis For Design Engineers" by Paul M. Kurowski is another good one, though it is definitely more intensive than MacDonalds.

Han primo incensus

I would recommend a "Finite Element Primer" from NAFEMS. Their web site is
NAFEMS is a non profit organization that does training, support and benchmarking for the FEA industry.

Their books are not aligned to any particular software, and the information is accurate and easy to use.

MArilyn Tomlin
Siemens PLM
CAE COE

I would higly recommend [highlight #5C3566]"A First Course in the Finite Element Method" by Daryl Logan[/highlight] - Fourth Edition (2011)(SI Edition)

Please, I am new to this forum and could use some help. Anyone could point where I would get a Solutions Manual for Finite Elements Procedures KJ Bathe? I am trying hard in the web but with no success. Any help would be useful and thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back