Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEA basic book 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guideon

Mechanical
Dec 11, 2006
IL
Hi everyone,

I am from the previous generaion of engineers, prior to the FEA widely usage.I intend to study (by myself) this subject, and I wish to get your proffessional recommendations/tips for basic books that I can study from (basic principles, easy to understand, includes examples & exercises, makes me able to apply the method on simple problems without the need of heavy softwares, not making me superstar in that field (yet...)
Please, keep in your mind that I am about 25 years after graduated, while you recommend something to study..

Thanks,
Guideon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Continuing the original poster's question, which FEA book best describes the global circulation models that NASA/GISS and NSDRC/NOAA try to use for global warming analysis?

Both of the linked books are good, but serve different purposes. The Cook book is more theoretical, but relatively light compared to other theoretical books (i.e. Bathe's, Zienkiewicz books, and Cook's other book). The Adams book is very light on theory and is far more practical. Howevers, it is at a relatively low level and better used as a primer.

Brian

The books above are all great. I have them all and a few others.

However, the best book for your level in starting out with FEA, and matching the criteria you mention above in my humble is "A First Course in the Finite Element Method" by Daryl Logan 4th edition (2011).

Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back