Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEA market breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

spears

Mechanical
Jan 24, 2005
US
Does anyone know where I could find information regarding the nubmer of seats for each of the FEA packages?
e.g. 10,000 seats ansys, 7,000 abaqus, 9,000 Femap, etc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Worldwide? You may find some figures knocking around on the web, but I wouldn't expect a massive degree of accuracy on this - regardless of the source. I could be wrong, but you'll probably find figures posted on the big boys' websites stating "more than ##### clients" etc., but I guess it would be very difficult to actually obtain a true figure for the number of seats from ANSYS/ABAQUS/NASTRAN/etc.

Cheers,

-- drej --

You may also find something at NAFEMS ( but I'm not sure how much I would trust the numbers. The other question is should you break Nastran down into NE, NX, and MSC (among other ones like AlgNastran, AINastran, etc.)

Garland E. Borowski, PE

And then there's the additional confusion of academic seats (or for that matter pirated ones). And then there's organisations that have license servers and worldwide operations, so they can easily have 3 users per license.

Why are you interested?

Cheers

Greg Locock

Daratech seems to have a good handle on the CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM space. Not sure how much of their market research is available without a fee, however.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back