Feature color on assembly with different apperance color

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-eng

Mechanical
Jul 8, 2021
NL
Hi all,

I've got an assembly with different assemblies that have colors per assembly.
In an higher assembly there are some cut features I want to give a feature color.

This feature color doens't override the color of the assembly.
Does anyone know how to make this work. (without needing to color the face individually)

I working with Solidworks 2022 SP5.0.

Feature_color_kt2g6m.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Ctopher,

Can you explain how this works?
The feature color in the assembly doesn't override the color of the assembly.

I prefer to change colors in parts.
If you want to override in assy, you can select the appearance and "Remove all appearances...". Then add new.
Or you can select DisplayManager icon, delete the appearances you don't want.

Chris, CSWP
SolidWorks
ctophers home

In the above image, his example already overrides the subassembly color. The upper triangle indicates that you colored the subassembly in the active assembly. if there was a lower triangle that would mean that you colored that sub-assembly at the main level.

here is an example of how the coloration works in SW parts, & Assemblies. Once you can understand that, you can do what you want.

FYI - My triangles in my SW are big and don't look correct because I had to zoom my screen in more than 125% to see it [smile]
Coloration_mqxkvx.jpg

I guess I don't understand why you cannot just add color to the assembly feature just like you can a part feature. Actually, you can I just tested it... you have to remove the subassembly color in the main assembly as shown in the 2nd image (upper left triangle). Then the color will appear. If you want to color the sub-assembly, then you need to color as a global color like the 1st image @ the sub-assembly level.
Assembly_Feature_Color_vz6pfh.jpg

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Mechanical Engineer
Ciholas

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I know the feature color will show when I remove the sub assembly color.
But I want to show both the assembly color and the feature color, but I think that is not possible...

Thanks for the effort anyway. [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back