Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature Groups VS Design Groups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersen07

Industrial
Dec 8, 2021
BR
What are the differences between Feature Groups and Design Groups? Both seem to work like a folder to put features in for better organization of the feature tree. What am I missing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That link I gave above did not work for a while, but it seems to work now.
Design groups are very similar to feature groups except some things were make to be easier, such as when you set a feature in the design groups as "current feature" only the features in the design group when be affected and not the entire model tree.
I have not used them yet because that are not included in the release that I am working on but I will give them a try when the opportunity comes.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

I am wondering the same thing.
If feature groups are not going to be obsolete then will the user be able to convert feature groups from earlier versions of NX to a design group when brought into a newer versions of NX ?
I hope to find the answer soon.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Design groups are a more efficient way to manage a large model with many features. Although feature groups can do this, Design Groups can improve software responsiveness because features in other design groups do not roll back or update.

Design Groups

Also take a look here at Design Groups

Head over here the Siemens Community if you do not get a response here.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back