Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEMAP - Cylindrical contact not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigou

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2011
AU
Hello,

I have issues with Femap cylindrical contact as the analysis log (.F06) mentions that all elementsd of the contact are inactive(err 4690) in Static analysis.
The assembly is a Rocker part with two pin at the ends and a loaded central pin. The restraints: end pins fixed and central pin is coaxial (translation rotation along the axis locked and growth restrained). The load is applied on the curves of the central pin symmetrically.

I tried restraining the degrees of freedom as displayed on the deformations on the postprocessing using PARAM, BAILOUT-1 and no load is tranfered to the rocker.
I tried the automatic contact and manually as per the User guide and making sure that my masters are deformable, my slaves rigid and the search -5 to 5 mm with a gap between cylinders of 4 mm. The rest is the default stup for contact property. In the analysis setup I have gaps as contact also.

Do you have any suggestion?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Solved... The error was that Win 7 blocks automatically the contact iterative solver and does not notify the user...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back