FEMAP Fastener Modeling 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dasher99

Aerospace
Jan 31, 2024
US
Hello!

I come from a background in using Abaqus and model a large number of fasteners there as "point based"

I'm looking to see if FEMAP has a similar capability in where you could take a series of points independent of a mesh, and have FEMAP create a CBUSH projecting that point on 2 surfaces spidering the 2 ends of the CBUSH with either RBE2 or RBE3 elements.

In Abaqus I could do this and specify the influence radius and it would automatically create the elements and spider them out.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CBUSH is a Nastran element.
Think that Nastran now has a spring/fastener type element similar to the Abaqus fast3ner element but I can’t recall the element name. Whether it’s supported by FEMAP I don’t know.
And don’t use the awful RBE2/RBE3 wagon wheel connection to a modelled fastener hole. Just don’t. Please.

Dear Dasher,
In Simcenter FEMAP with NASTRAN we have CBUSH elements of course, but we have also the CWELD/CFAST elements that are very interesting.
The CWELD element -and corresponding PWELD property entries- let you establish connections between points, elements, patches, or any of their combinations. Although there are a number of different ways to model structural connections and fasteners in Simcenter Nastran, such as with CBUSH or CBAR/CBEAM elements & RBE2s spiders, CWELDS are generally easy to generate, less error-prone, and always satisfy the condition of rigid body invariance. Element- and patch-based connections, moreover, eliminate the need for congruent meshes.

In my blog you have a page where I explain how to mesh with CWELD elements, we have many options:

cweld_format_yfyfzr.png

cweld_tipos_conectividades_uz2yyb.png

Also we have a WELD API that allows the FEMAP user to define an external excel file with points locations and weld diameter and use it as input to automatically define CWELD elements, VERY FAST!!
weld-api_o0mehs.png

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Status
Not open for further replies.