Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEMAP NASTRAN SET1 creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

estring1

Aerospace
May 3, 2022
US
Is there a way in FEMAP to define a SET1 card in the bulk data section of the input file? We are performing MSC NASTRAN SOL105 buckling with PARAM,EXCLUDE which requires a SET1 bulk data entry. In FEMAP, the output request by group functionality will only create a SET in the case control section, not bulk data.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think I have an API that I should be able to make a couple tweaks to help with this. Do you need to write element IDs or node IDs to the SET1 card?

Are you familiar with APIs?

I am attaching the API I made, you just have to change the txt file to .BAS and you can run it from Femap.

It will prompt you to specify a file name that will create a txt file. Then it will prompt you to select any number of groups. If those groups have nodes in them, it will write SET1 cards for each of the groups selected, to that txt file. From there you can copy and paste those into your input file.

Now I just made a minor revision to something I already had. So I can't guarantee that it's perfect so please test this. And if this doesn't fit your workflow, please let me know and I will try to change it to better suit you.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fab3f2f5-0acc-46c1-976c-3f63ad110577&file=Groups_to_SET1_MSC.txt
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back