Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field Instruments books equivalent to "Control valve Primer- A User's Guide"

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdzung

Petroleum
Mar 14, 2014
VN
I am looking for field instrumentation (Flow, Level, Pressure, Temperature) books, which equivalent to "Control valve Primer- A User's Guide".

It is very difficult to explain "equivalent". But I hope somebody has already read both, the "Control valve Primer- A User's Guide" and the book, which I am looking for.

"Control valve Primer- A User's Guide" is a very good book. Mr. Baumann described his knowledge very easy to understand. And especially, this book included many design practices for control valve.

Hope some body can help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you very much, danw2.

The Lessons in Industrial Instrumentation is very good book. It includes almost general things in instrumentation and control, and even some technical soft skills also. Tony wrote this book for his student, and luckily I have it since rev.1. It looks like a handbook.

I am looking for more detail on selection, calculation, consideration in each instrument type as same as Baumann mentioned in his book. For examples:
- What to look in a good control valve design
- How to calculate the "Installed" Flow Characteristic
- The valve does not close properly / the valve is unstable....
Above things are very useful for me during preparation for engineering, purchase, clarification with supplier, and installation of control valve. So I want to find the same book for other field devices. I works for Japanese EPC, and they have this kind of book. Unfortunately, it is written in Japanese.

I know it is not good when compare some books with others, please understand. Just want to find something to read, to concrete my instrumentation (I just have 6 years in I&C).

Emerson has a few guide books for instrumentation available. One is The Engineer's Guide to Level Measurement, one is The Engineer's Guide to Industrial Temperature Measurement.
Guides to Level Measurement
Temperature Guide
Hopefully these include some of the information you were hoping to have together in one place.

Lydia Miller
Rosemount Measurement
Emerson Process Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back