Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File/Application opening problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyr

Structural
Oct 3, 2000
GB
Hi,
I'm a first time poster from the structural Eng. section, and was hoping someone could possibly help me.
Whenever I try to open a jpeg file, my pc always opens acrobat, and then fails miserably!

I need to correct the "opens with" program, but don't know where to begin, I assume I should be looking in the registry somewhere, but a little guidence would gratefully be appreciated.

many thanks in advance,

regards,

Andy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The file association is in the Registry, but you don't have to modify the Registry to effect the change.

Open a normal Explorer windown, then click on Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types. After the list has loaded, scroll down to the JPG or JPEG extensions. If you don't find it, click the "New" Button. Enter the File extension, click on the advanced button, and select the associated file type. Then, or if you did find, click the "Change" button and select the program you want to use to open that type of file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back