Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File>open menu gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

P7hk9

Computer
Jun 4, 2003
US
I seem to have lost the menu interface when opening files in MDT 6. I now have to type the full path and file name into the command line.

Does anyone know how to turn the windows menus back on?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I know in the older progams it was filedia (set it to "1") and cmddia (again set it to "1")

Not sure if this helps or not.

Sean

FYI.
Sometimes you will also loose your command dialog boxes that pop up when doing an import or other various commands.

You will need to set the "CMDDIA" variable back to 1.

I have been loosing this when ever a printer locks up, or after the CTRL, ALT, DEL shut down. I have been dealing with it since ACAD v12 for windows.

Hi,
As I also use Pro-E I hadn't been on MDT for some time. I installed V6 and lost the file-opening menu during a failed IGES import task. Setting FILEDIA and CMDDIA to '1' fixed it!

Thank God this post was up. This problem was driving me nuts! I had a failed IGES import into my MTD6, deleted it and imported an ACIS version instead. After that I lost all of my pop-ups, save as, holes, extrude etc. Setting FILEDIA and CMDDIA back to 1 got me back on track. Thanks guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back