Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Path Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

haynewp

Structural
Dec 13, 2000
US
Is there a way to display the full file path of a drawing at the top of each open drawing window in ACAD 2000? The default seems to be just the file name, no location.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Heynewp,

Look at the thread555-29186 there are some routines that can solve your problem.

Note: if the file is on your computer to display computer name in file path you need to open the file from the network not from my computer.

Hope it helps

ZMEI

I was holding off answering this one because I didn't know the offical autocad answer. However, I do know another way of doing it.

First of all I take it the other response isn't quite what you wanted? ...I would assume you mean the very top window bar for the file path display, the other answer refers to adding path names within your drawings themselves ...am I correct?

The way I have done it in the past is to load a piece of software called Quikpik from manusoft. This gives you some good additional features for autocad, including wide drop down menus and lockable toolbars, and of course your full file name display in the top window bar. You can get it here:

I'm using Autocad 2002 right now and it is currently displaying the full file path in the window despite the fact that I turned this feature off in quikpik. To me, this means that Autocad 2002 (and probably 2000) DOES allow this feature without any additional software. Unfortunately, I can't give you the easy answer, but the quikpik solution is available to you if someone more knowledgable doesn't reply.

Hope that helps a bit.

Marc

According to this gentleman from another forum it is avalible in A2K. The following is his responce to me.

You don't need a routine for that. There is an option in the Options dialog. "Open & Save" tab I beleive.
------------------
paul
--
Paul F. Aubin
CAD Questions group Moderator
---
Buy Mastering Autodesk Architectural Desktop R3 online at:

I could not find it any where in the Options dialog box. I believe that I saw that it was avalible in A2002K.
I have seen the ARX routine that was mentioned earlier by ZMEI, however I believe that it only works for AutoCAD 14. The file was called, FPath14.arx Charles S. Parnell
Southern Store Fixtures

Yes I was talking about the window bar.
And I saw where Quickpik has that feature.

Cparnell, I don't see it in the options either. I have the old fpath14 arx program. I tried it anyway with ACAD2000 and it of course didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back