Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Save date & time 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philrock

Mechanical
Dec 30, 2001
US
I am running AutoCad 2000 under Windows 98. Often, but not always, when I save files (QSAVE), the date and time of the file do not get updated as seen in Windows Explorer, even when I do “view” “refresh.” File date and time are valuable information to me, and I find it difficult to work with this bug. What causes this, and what is the fix?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe that's the property of "QSAVE". It's supposed to "quickly" save just your immediate changes and not update any variables.

You may want to change the "button/ icon" properties.

If you right click on the button/ icon and choose "customize", then right click on the item again and then choose "properties" ....
Take the "Q" out of "qsave" and save the button that way.

When you do save, it should update everything including your variables.

Your other option might be to add some variables to the macro/ properties of the button.
Someone else in here might be able to figure out what those variables are to update the time stamp ....
your button might look like ...
"SGET time _qsave" ... something like that but I'm not sure.

For now you can set it to "save".

Hope that helps....

You can try option i found.
If you have the express tools loaded you can use remote text and diesel to automatically update a string.
Steps to do this are:
On the express tools menu select Text - Remote Text
At the command line enter D for diesel, a dialog box will pop up enter the following string in it:

$(edtime, $(getvar,tdupdate),DDD"," DD MON YYYY - H:MMam/pm)

you can then place the text where you want, it will update any time the drawing is saved.
If the drawing is subsequently edited on a machine without the express tools a proxy object will be placed and the text will not show, however it will be updated the next time it is opened with the express tools present.

Regards!

I posted this question in an AutoDesk discussion group and was told to set the system variable ISAVEPERCENT to 0. ISAVEPERCENT controls whether AutoCad does a full save or just an incremental save. Apparently the date and time do not update on incremental saves. Using ISAVEPERCENT = 0 seems to solve the problem.

$(getvar, dwgprefix)$(getvar, dwgname) $(edtime, 0, M-DD-YYYY @ H:MMam/pm) $(getvar, loginname)

I use the above string as a plot stamp on all of my drawings,
helps later when you're trying to remember where a particular file is located.

I use this for my borders. RTEXT

$(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MONTH DD"," YYYY - HH:MMam/pm)
Printed By: $(getvar, "loginname")

(By the way the previous code was in a single line.)
The last line includes loginname, there fore it states from what computer it printed from. I you share computers this might be a problem.
I also use. RTEXT
Last Saved By: $(getprop, lastsavedby)

As stated "last saved by" comes from dwgprops command.
You have to add
(command "dwgprops" ;)
to your acad.lsp
Your drawing will not update until the dwgprops command has been issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back