Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fillet at Impeller root radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluzzer

Mechanical
Feb 27, 2010
IN
I am trying to put a uniform fillet between the hub and blade of an Impeller. However, the fillet radius is changing near the leading edge.

When I check the iso-parametetric curve along the blade, before making the fillet, it is uniform from top to bottom (shroud to hub). However after making the fillet, when I check the iso-parametetric curves, some curves at the bottom are not complete and it is intersecting with fillet radius. What is the reason for this?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

(Soon I will upload the model. I just couldn't wait)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is hard to tell from here why the blend you are working with is acting in a certain way,
but when I have issues like that I change it to a small size and gradually increase the size
and watch what happens with the incremental changes.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Only guess so far is that Parasolid/NX needed to use the modeling distancen tolerance to complete the action , i.e create the blend.
Then the common edge, blend /blade, lies within a "tolerance tube " and any iso parametric curves might appear as if poorly trimmed.

If you check the faces of the blade and the hub, I assume these are B-surfaces ? or maybe the hub is analytical but the blade B-surface.
What degree and patches ?
If the number of patches is high, this might indicate a poorly defined surface . is so, this would/could explain the fillet issues.

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back