Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering before heat exchanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blutooth

Industrial
Oct 10, 2013
BE
Hi all,

First post on this forum, so I hope I am posting it in the right place. Here goes...

I am designing a system to recover heat from several gas streams coming from an oven. The problem is that most of these streams contain different small particles such as sugar (caramel) and different fats. You can already see the problem when these substances would get in the heat exchanger, I don't want to be scraping out sticky stuff after every hour of operation :)

I remember that some type of filter exists based on a grid that is heated. The idea is that the sticky stuff we don't want in our heat exchanger is burned to dust in this filter, so that they no longer stick to the heat exchanger.

My problem is that I don't remember the name or manufacturer of these types of filters, my google efforts seem to be worthless as well for the time being.

Does anyone have experience with these types of filters or has a good website where I could find more information?

Thanks in advance!

PS: English is not my mother tongue, my apologies for any spelling mistakes.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back