Filters to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TSS) in Produced Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

enguest

Petroleum
Jul 21, 2009
GB
Dear Colleagues,
We are looking for suitable washable filters to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TSS) in Produced Water from 160 mg/l to 20 mg/l. The majority of particles are less than 20 microns. The filters should preferably occupy small space and require a minimum amount of washing water as they will be located offshore. Can you please recommend something, which already showed itself.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe you are talking about TSS and not TDS. TDS can not be such low, as far as I know.
From a conceptual point of view, your TSS range satisfy using something between filter and clarifier but your particle size dictates cartridge filters. As a "combined" technology you can use bag filter. There are bunch of self washing bag filters in the market.
The washing water would be around 1% to 3% of main water volume.

Please take into account the product water quality required i.e. desired separation efficiency as it has direct relation to washing water required to some extent. For high quality quality water combination of above filters with UF technology may be useful with max possible recycle of reject water.
Regards
Bharat

You mean TSS, suspended solids, if you're talking about 20 micron particles. If bag filtration works, awesome. If not, look at microfiltration. Depending on your particle size disitribution, you could size a 1-5 micron membrane for this.. and get it in stainless steel or ceramic, and have a ridiculously long lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back