Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding an electronic inspection device for measurement under wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm2018

Industrial
Apr 30, 2018
US
Greetings,

I am in search of a device that can provide quantitative digital output measurements for an inside measurement under (between) wires (2/3 wire method) for checking gears and threads. A colleague claims to have used a device at a previous job, some 10 years ago, where a wires at a specified size could be loaded into the device and then the specimen would be placed over top the device and the measurement would be taken between the wires. The need for this device is faster and more accurate measuring of internal gear and thread forms.

I have searched online and cannot find any device that does this. Does anyone know of this device or is there another solution that is feasible to meet our needs?

Appreciate your time,

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

btrueblood,

Thanks for the help... Yes with internal threads the system would have to have ball-ends. For gears, I still need a wire-system, so the boregages are not exactly what my colleague "claims" to have used.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back