Finding Silicone Rubber compatible with Epoxy and Polyurethane Resins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marouane

Chemical
Aug 14, 2024
SA
Hi Dears,

I am looking for a silicone rubber that compatible with my epoxy and polyurethane resins. The reason I am asking this is that I used a Polyaddition Silicon named ''ESSIL 291'' from Axon. However, after 5 castings, a white layer started to appear on my silicone which with more casting turned into a thick yellewish layer.

My epoxy Resin is called: Fast Cure Graffitte Resin. See:
Please keep in mind that my epoxy is two parts. Part A is bisphenol-A-(epichlorhydrin) epoxy resin. Part B is 3-aminomethyl-3,5,5- trimethylcyclohexylamine

My Polyurethane Resin is:
Keep in mind that my epoxy is two parts. Part A consists of two chemicals: (Diphenylmethane-4,4’-diisocyanate(MDI)), and ( 2,2,4-trimethyl-1,3-pentanediol diisobutyrate).
Part B consists of three chemicals: (N, N, N’,N’-tetrakis(2-
hydroxylpropyl)ethylenediamine), (2,2,4-trimethyl-1,3-pentanedioldiisobutyrate), and (Diethylene glycol)

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is well known that silicone rubber degrades in contact with unfurled epoxy resins. The only solution that I am aware of to prevent this is to prevent co tact between them by using a FEP release film to cover the silicone. I believe that FEP can be thermoformed to a shape with vacuum and a heat gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back