Fine bubble aeration and diffuser types 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootingstars78

Civil/Environmental
Feb 12, 2008
AU
Hellow Everyone
I am designing a SBR for treating municpal wastewater. I got a bit confused in determining the right type of diffusers. Can anyone help?

Also, I found that disk diffusers have higher pressure loss in the long run, and I need to relate this pressure loss to the blower capacity.

Thanks in advance for your input and time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your best option would be to talk to a wastewater treatment plant operator who has specific experience in the diffusers that you would like to specify.

You are wasting your time talking to the sales people that supply these items because everyone of them will tell you that his product is better than the competition.

Refer to Metcalf & Eddy for how to design the aeration system.

Thanks for the tip, have talked to a few operators and it was eye opening.

Can anyone calrify what do they mean by SOTE, is it amount of oxygen uptake/ amount of air supplied?

Thanks

Efficiencies of aeration devices under standard conditions are presented as SOTE (standard oxygen transfer efficiency). Test results are reported at standard conditions of 68° F (20° C) liquid temperature, one (1) atmosphere barometric pressure, zero (0) dissolved oxygen and alpha and beta equal to 1.0 (clean tap water).

The reason SOTE is used is so that all suppliers of aeration systems can state the performance of their aeration devices at the same operating condition.

Unfortunately the ratio AOR/SOR is not the same for all aeration devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back