Fire proof dampers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msb01

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2007
US
Hi,
I am modeling a residential building with natural convective loop around. The architect is concerned about the fire and fire code. Does anyone know of fire proof dampers/vents? Your help is highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure what you mean by "natural convective loop around" but there are lots of fire dampers available. I have used Ruskin and Greenheck but there are many more good ones.

Thanks gepman for your response. I am using natural convection model which will allow air flow through dampers from basement to attic through middle floors. The vents used need to have some mechanism (including the material) of switching off in case of fire. i.e in case of fire the attic vent or basement vent should shut off once it detects very high temperature or smoke..

VinceNy,
I use these dampers (in my model) for natural convection.. Do you know any manufacturer who makes these dampers..

thanks..

Sounds like a typical fire/smoke damper? Not sure the information you require but it sounds very simple. Google fire dampers for your local area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back