Jun 29, 2002
GB
Guys

We have to manufacture a fire pump control panel for use in the UK

Can anyone point me towards any applicable standards

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have performed certifications on similar equipment. We applied several different standards for the electrical requirements. First we used EN 60204-1 for electrical enclosure for machinery due to the type of equipment ( the prodcut was a water cannon that went on a Chemical building). Second we used EN 61010-1 for controllers and because it was necessary to show conformance to the Explosive Atmosphere Directive. I realize EN 61010-1 actually says not for equipment used in explosive atmosphere, but the Notified Body told me to use this in addition to EN 60204-1, so I did.

Of course it is necessary to provide all safety testing as well as EMC requirements.

I think it will matter how and where the pump is used. Firetrucks for example will also have to meet requirments for on road vehicles (Type Approval). If you will be located in a potentially Explosive atmophere environment then you must go through specific test for this also (Type Approval).

If you can give me more information on the application, I can give you a more specific idea of what you must do.

Christopher Caserta
ccaserta@us.tuv.com
Ph:904-225-0360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back