Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

first drawn element on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilzze

Civil/Environmental
Feb 23, 2004
NL
when i draw a element in microstation the next elements are always on top so when i want the first element on top i have to copie it again and end up with lots of double elements in my drawing.

there should be a command 'sent to back' or 'del double'
but they don´t work so i must be typing them wrong.

is there an easier way to get my first drawn element back on top.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

for microstation j = deldup. (An mdlapplication which can remove elements that are double)

for microstation v8 = edit --> bring to front

send to back doesn't exist (in my thougt)

regards,
HMO

new problem,

In microstation V8 you make a layout by attaching the drawing to a sheet.
you can write things like the legenda and stamp in this sheet, but i can´t draw lines or tekst over the attached drawing, this is a problem when i´m using filled elements.

i´m sure it´s something simple but i can´t find it.

who can help?

ilse

if reference files are involved, you can change the sequence and have the reference files "layer" so that the filled elements are on the bottom of the list and the other elements go on top. File>Reference>Settings>Update sequence. If that does not work and reference files are not envolvled and all the linework is in one file, then try working set add and working set drop. This can be accomplished by first selecting the lines that should be on top of the fill areas with a selection set. Once they are attached to your cursor, type in the key-in area "wset add".
Next, type in "wset drop". The lines should now show up on top of the filled area.

Good Luck
Champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back