Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First job advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahmoud_abu

Chemical
Nov 27, 2023
IL
Desr engineers,
Hope you're all doing great,
I need to know, what you think about my first job,
I've graduated last year, with Master's of Chmical Engineering, kept looking for a job and I had my first chance last month, which is an analytical chemist at departement of research and development in a pharmaceutical company, and as a chemical engineer, it doesn't have a thing to do with chemical engineering, so for the future, what you suggest?? is it a good job to strengthen my CV??

With knowing that the only process I'll work or train with, the only industrial chemical process, is wet granulation line, honestly, I did'nt hear about it before, like in university we didn't study it, but we studied the principle, porous media, so hope to get more knowledge

So what you think about it, as the first job for me,

Thanks in advance,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The best thing you can do for your CV is to be able to put a period of paid employment into it - correction, better than that is being able to put a period of paid employment that continues to the present into it.

I know how hard it's been for you to find an opening so, from here, it doesn't feel like holding out in the hope that something better will turn up is a good strategy. If something better does turn up, then you'll have a choice to make.

Almost everybody ends up doing jobs that were barely (if at all) covered at University.

A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back