Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FK, DK and smrtsize 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChessFalconer

Industrial
Oct 30, 2005
GB
Hi, I´m making a job with ANSYS I want to do it all with a *.lgw archive (all commands).
The geometry is ok, then I make some Keypoints (K command) where i want to put some structural displacements and forces with FK and DK comands. After that I do a Smartsize (SMRTSIZE command) and then i mesh all (VMESH,ALL). In that point i put the forces and displacenment in the keypoints (FK and DK commands). All ok but after that I can´t transfer loads and displacements on keypoints to nodes (FTRANS and SBCTRANS comands). I tryed to do de same not with keypoints but with nodes (N to create nodes where i want and F D comands) but when I do this it looks like the nodes made by N commands are not used in the meshing job (smrtsize and vmesh commands) then I have forces and displacents aplied in the air!
I have not problem if i pick the node (after meshing) with GUI and then i put force/displacement, with i really need to use commands.
Thanks for the help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could you provide us with the batch file you are working on?

As long as I can understand, there isn't really any need to issue FTRANS and SBCTRANS as they will be automatically issued once you issue the SOLVE command - but I guess you have something more in mind?

If you create a node by issuing N and then you mesh you model, mind that your mesh will NOT include the node you have created, unless you either merge the coincident nodes (NUMMRG command - check the manual for the correct usage, and mind to retain the node you created by hand) or create the elements yourself with the nodes you already have created; that's why your forces don't appear correctly applied.

DonTonino your answer was really usefull thank you very much.
I solved my problem as follows:
1) I create my own nodes with N command
2) I mesh the geometry
3) I use "NUMMRG, node, ,,,low" the command sugested by DonTonino
4) I use F and D command to set forces and displacements

Ok I have my problem solved, I want to learn a bit more: my question now is:
I have the geometry and I want to add forces in a particular point (x,y,z). which is the NORMAL way? is the way i solved the problem the normal or there is a better way?

THANKS AGAIN DONTONIO!!!

Hi,
for your last question: I think there are several ways to obtain the very same thing. Personally, I create all the "hard points" (or edges, or surfaces) that I need from within the CAD system. Your way seems a good way also, everything depends on the instruments you have (may not have access to a CAD directly, for example), the goal you are looking for, etc...

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back