Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flaperon Mixer Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

awparran

Computer
Jan 9, 2005
Hi:

Does anyone have any information on Flaperon Mixer controls, examples, documentation, etc.

I sent an email to a certain person noted for his design, but he has not responded as yet. So I am asking if anyone out there can help.

I have looked high and low for any information on the NASA site. I am sure they must have performed some type of testing on them as they were used on the Junkers-JU88 dive bombers.

Or maybe someone can respond to the following questions.

1. How far below the main wing should the flaperons be mounted?

2. Most of the designs I have seen using flaperons are straight wings. My design has a dihedral of 5 degrees. Will this be a problem?

3. Should I use automatic slats, or slats period with flaperons? I have not included them into my design.

4. From the pictures I have seen of flaperons, they appear to be offset by 2 or 3 degrees from root to tip. What is the formula?

5. The pictures of the mixer controls do not show how they are actuated as flap or ailerons. How does this control work?

and finally,

6. What is the maximum angle of the "FLAP" when it is activated?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back