Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Flat Face Sanitary Fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

curvyrace

Mechanical
Apr 27, 2007
US
I am designing a small ancillary water system for a brewery and am using a membrane contactor that has sanitary connections on it. The tri clamp connections with the bead groove are straight forward. However, the contactor also has 4 ports meant for gas flow under a vacuum. Those ports look similar to a tri clamp but they have no bead groove and the 3D model appears to show no bevel on the back side. Any help on identifying what kind of connection this is would be most appreciated. I have sent a request to the contactor manufacturer but haven't heard back yet.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

They likely use a gasket that has an external flange on it and then clamps that pinch the fittings together.
I have seen these in vacuum systems.
You might look on the K.J.Lesker web site and see if you can find similar ones.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Thanks EdStainless. Vendor discovered their cad model and datasheet are incorrect. The ports are traditional tri clover with the bead groove and angled back.

When you use these sanitary fittings make sure that the flanges and clamps are all from the same supplier.
Different brands use different thickness and angles.
This results in different seal compression and can result is under/over compression.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back