Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flat pattern not updating correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulnKY

Mechanical
Feb 3, 2004
US
I am having a recurring issue in 2005. the flat patterns are not updating. I am having to open each part individually, go to the configurations tab and click back and forth several times between default and flat pattern to get it to update. All parts are made in context of the assembly.

Any thoughts?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I usually only work with assemblies and open the part if needed. ctrl-Q seemed to have straightened it out, I'll have a closer look at it later, What exactly does CTRL-Q do?

Is it possible that converting these files from 2004 to 2005 that the flat patterns went a little haywire? This is a model with about 13 configurations.

The model was working fine in 2004, and it works fine in 2005 with the exception of the flat patterns. After doing the "default\flat pattern" back and forth most of them updated as they should, but there are a couple that don't and it's not the same pieces every time. I can't see a pattern to it at this point.

Ctrl-Q is a deep rebuild. it's deeper then the Rebuild light.

Converting files can have an effect on older files. I think of it like this: Maybe there was something broke in SW04 and when you brought it into SW05 the problem is fixed there. This would cause problems, but at the same time this could reversed.

If they are not updating correctly maybe you have to many In-contexted relationships and that is causing a circular reference. When a Circular reference is made the file will take longer and it will take more times to rebuild the file until it's working correctly.

Paul if you continue to see these issues you know my work phone number and my work email, please let me know.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

faq731-376
faq559-716 - SW Fora Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back