Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flexible and Rigid Pavement Joint or Approach Slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

canst

Structural
Mar 7, 2019
CA
Hi,

I just joined this forum as i like professionals here helping each others with issues which they experienced previously many times.

I want to discuss one of my project here in Toronto. Construction of one of our parking deck has just completed. Parking deck is designed for fire truck loading.
One corner area of the deck will be an exit for fire trucks and proposed new access for potential high end car showroom building.
We are concerned about potential settlement, cracking of asphalt and step formation at the junction of parking deck edge where it meets soil.
Current grade is around 10ft lower than the proposed grade. I really want to avoid approach slab here if possible.

What you guys think of good compaction at this area while keeping a formed joint at top as shown.

Thanks for your valuable input.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=084032ae-5fca-4593-b438-dcaaed02845d&file=Section.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back