Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Flexural Modulus PVDF to 50C and 25years

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanier

Mechanical
May 20, 2001
AU
I have been asked to provide calculations for PVDF pipe for full vacuum conditions. In order to do this I seek the flexural modulus instantaneous and 25 years at 20, 30, 40 & 50C.

Please provide the information or links where I may find the data. Thus far I have searched 20 or more plastics textbooks and the internet but have not been able to find this data.

The data I have is 1.7GPa at 20C and can only assume this is an instantaneous figure as not strain rate or time was given.

I have access to the text books through virtual libraries with IMechE and IEAust.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think the only chance for such specific info is the raw materials manufacturer

Regards

eng-tips, by professional engineers for professional engineers
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

You might try searching for stress relaxation data. This should provide a reference to time and temperature.
Note: there are many different types of PVDF and each manufacturer has different grades.
I suggest measuring the flexural modulus using a Rheometric Scientific RSA II using stress relaxation and frequency sweeps for a Master Curve. Typically these tests costs about 1000 dollars per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back