Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floating dock wood deck structure has early "rot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamoore

Military
Sep 23, 2002
US
Floating dock constructed in 1996 has advanced state of rot in the wood structural members. Seeking engineering assessment for repair and/or replacement of damaged sections and long term solution, if applicable, for 275 slip marina.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure exactly what you are proposing as a question in this forum...but it sounds like the wood used was either poorly treated or not-treated at all. For a facility only 6 years old, it seems like a very high rate of deterioration.

There are a hadnfull (5-10) of qualified marine/waterfront enginering firms in the country with engineers trained to recognize, analyze and prepare repair drawings for this type of work. The main qualification is that the firm have commerically trained divers that are also professional engineers.

This website does not allow solicitation of work, but I can recommend many companies capable of doing the work...including my current company. I will provide my e-mail of phone if requested.

Regards,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back