Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flow diagram of Pharmaceutical plant....

Status
Not open for further replies.

odonovane

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2003
IE
Hello all,

I have been scanning the net for a diagram of the configuration of a typical pharmaceutical plant with little joy! Basically, I just want a flow diagram (or block diagram) of how the various components link up in the process. I'm an Mech Engineer and not a chemical so that is why I am green on this issue.
Would be extrememely grateful if any of you guys could point me in the direction to find this info.

Cheers,
tim

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have been in Pharma for past 8 years and yet to find a generic version of such a configuration. What type of manufacturing facility you are looking for(API, Tablets, Capsules, LVP, SVP and Aerosols etc?). Be specific with your question for more help.

Regards,

Eng-Tips.com : Solving your problems before you get them.

Cheers guys,

sure, my lack of any real knowledge of chemical plant/process/product is letting me down alright. However, the type of facilty I'm primarily interested in obtaining a process diagram for would be one producing bulk active pharmaceutical products. (Not sure if that sheds much more light on things?). Of the list quark has mentioned I would say a tablet producing pharm plant would best fit the bill.

Thousand Thanks,
Tim

What we are trying to say is: There is no "standard PFD". A plant that makes generic asperin would be a lot different from a site that ferments penniciline.

Best regards

Morten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back