Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flow simulation sw 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyM

Automotive
Feb 9, 2012
NL
hello,

(my apologies for my language.. english is not my native language)

i've got a new assignment for my internship regarding flow simulation in SW 2012. ive made a simple model to try and make it work first. the first question i have: i can't find it on the internet and some people here are telling me simulations are hard to work with within an assembly. is this the same case for flow simulation? im trying to let the pulsation of the air intake as good as possible for a custom manifold. we're trying to make a mechanical air intake for maximum pulsation and maximum filling of the combustion chamber. but before this all can happen i need to know at what distance the intake makes its pulsation right before the valve so the filling is max. i've got zero experience with flow simulation so it'll be hard for me to find out how this all works. so my main questions at the moment are: is flow simulation possible in assemblies? and if this is not possible, if theres a function to make a hole in a model closed? cause when i can't make it work within an assembly i need a static model with a hole which can/must be closed..

Best regards,

Chevy

internship with NX 8.0 and SW 2012

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back