Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fluke Ti 20 Thermal imager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel2

Mechanical
Sep 3, 2001
AU
We are getting one of these soon. I am a vibration analyst and want to use this camera as a sideline. Is it any good and what exactly can I use it for, ie Electrical panels, machinery etc?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Ti20 is a great camera for many electrical and mechanical applications. The app notes on the Fluke website will get you started but I would strongly recommend you get training and work carefully to get qualifying experience. Of course, I AM biased as we do the training for Fluke! Regardless, if you take your time to learn the basics, this camera will pay handsome returns for years to come.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.
John Snell
Snell Infrared

The Ti20 is not a very high quality camera. I have owned this camera and now I own a Flir Infracam and would never go back. Who ever says a Fluke is a great camera has never owned a Flir Camera. Flir has more to choose from along with great packages. Fluke can't make the quality or the price of the Flir Cameras.

"Who ever says a Fluke is a great camera has never owned a Flir Camera." I've used both brands extensively. While I can appreciate you may have preferences, I would also strongly suggest that both brands have pluses and minuses. In my experience both are quality instruments that can get the job done when properly used.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.
John Snell
Snell Infrared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back