Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts embossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

designer22

Mechanical
Aug 13, 2003
CA
Hi everybody,

I am new to solid edge and would like to know whether can emboss or engrave true type fonts over a solid body or surface in SE 14

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Create your sketch or profile. When in the profile, choose Profile Text from the Insert menu. You can cut or extrude text with this method. If you are doing this on the side of a cylinder, you have to use Normal Protrusion/Cut to get your results, and setting up the text on that surface takes a few extra steps.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, the Round Table recommends FAQ731-376

Thanks scott,

I need to engrave on a cylindrical surface. I am not able to pick this surface during normal protrusion. Can you please explain the steps to create on a cylindrical surface. Or if you have any tutorials to describe this,please let me know.

Thanks

I'm doing this from my head, so I may miss a few steps or get the command names wrong. Hopefully this gets you in the right direction.

First, create an offset plane tangent to the side of your cylinder.
Create a sketch on that plane and from the Insert menu, click profile text.
Type your text and locate it where you want on the cylinder.
Using "Project Curve" command, project the text onto the cylinder.
Use the normal extrusion to extrude the projected curves as your embose.

This is tedious because you may have to project and extrude one letter at a time, and you have to select each individual line segment of the letter, also. Good luck. Keep me posted.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, the Round Table recommends FAQ731-376

I have been trying to do this in V16. You can select the chain of the text but for some reason it will only project the last letter of the text.

Is there a solution for this as the long way around the problem is really leborious.

Mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back