Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forcemain Design Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

casselberryengineer

Civil/Environmental
Mar 31, 2004
US
I am looking for a software that is user friendly and not too expensive that will allow me to model a sanitary sewer transmission pipe with multiple pipe segments and multiple pumps. The flow is one way and not like a looped water distribution system.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try epanet. It is geared more to water transmission but it should work for you.

It is free for download. I am not sure of the specific website. You could do a google search and find it.

I haven't really used it too much. I downloaded it, looked at it a bit, but then other things became priority.

It seems to be a fairly powerful tool.

Hopefully it is what you are looking for.

AFT's Fathom is more friendly than Epanet but is a package that you will need to procure. I use both. If money is the driver then Epanet will do. It does however take more of your time to use. I use Fathom for the hydraulics of Sydney Water's sewerage rising mains. I also use AFT's Impulse for the waterhammer analysis. Both are great software products with second to none support.

Haestads Watercad has the same engine as Epanet so I dont see much value there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back