Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forging bucket shape 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdf

Mechanical
May 12, 2002
US
Hi all,
I am looking for a forging vendor who can produce the following:
44" Dia. x 11 " OAH "cup" shape
5" thick Bottom
2-1/4" thick (min.) wall
Material: AL6XN

We have been making this configuration in a weldment with a radial penetration weld attaching cylinder to the disc, but have quoted units with walls as thick as 4" thick.

It seams that as the walls get thicker, at some point, we should be able to obtain a "bucket" forging and illiminate the extra girth weld.
Is there a "USA" based forging vendor who has this capability?

Randall

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Forging Industry Association (FIA) has an excellent website that should be useful to you. Their Buyer's Guide is available on-line, and you can search for vendors with this type of capability. The specific link is included below:

You should click on 1. Impression Die Forging, and then enter the appropriate information in order to obtain the listing of possible vendors. National Forge has a lot of different capabilities, but others may be more appropriate. Good luck.

Thanks TVP
At the time I posted, I was un-aware of FIA Site.
I was "Swimming" in what seemed like hundreds of listings until I used the FIA search tools to pin-point exactly the kind of forging vendors I was looking for.
In addition the FIA brings up listings of vendors who do not have web-sites. Still more research to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back