Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJMemphis

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2013
GB
Hello all,

Just making a rather large assembly and trying to make my life easy (aren’t we all) I was hoping somebody could help.

Is it possible to write a formula whereby you set a few parameters like bigger than 100 smaller than 120 and another parameter like bigger than 121 smaller than 140 and depending on the outcome it would open the relevant file and place it in the assembly?

I can do the formula and make it the correct size according to my parameters but I really want to make some standard parts that can be used.

Does this make sense? Is it possible?

Thanks for everybody’s help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you're trying to selectively open certain components within a specified size range within an existing assembly, then the tool you're looking for does exist, or at least something very close to it:
Assemblies > Context Control > Find Component > By Size (larger than or smaller than)
...once selected, then
Assemblies > Context Control > Open Components (ie open the components you just selected)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back