Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fortran Complier for ABAQUS 6.6-3 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

akadet

Geotechnical
Jul 4, 2006
US
Hi
Does anyone have any idea about linking fortran complier to abaqus. I have installed abaqus 6.6-3 on my pc and as well as intel visual fortran version 8. I tried to run the user subroutine UMAT, but there is a problem with linking between fortran complier and abaqus. Do you have any suggestion how to make the compier communicate correctly with abaqus?

Akadet K.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1.Check the path variables to have included the path to the compiler executable and libraries.

2. In the .msg file there should be some explanatory message about the linking failure.

3.ABAQUS uses compiling and linking commands described in a text file C:\ABAQUS\6.x-y\site\abaqus_v6.env.
You might want to check that file and see if the compiling and linking commands are valid for the Intel Visual Fortran.

Hi
sorry to bug you, but honestly i have no knowledge of how to check for the path since i am new to this. Can you tell me step-by-step where to start from?

Use ms dos to check it?

C:\Temp>abaqus job=unrein_footing_tatsuoka1 user=Lade_3.for interactive
ABAQUS JOB unrein_footing_tatsuoka1
ABAQUS Version 6.6-3
Begin Compiling ABAQUS/Standard User Subroutines
10/23/2006 11:43:46 AM
ABAQUS Error: Problem during compilation - ifort.exe not found in PATH.
ABAQUS/Analysis exited with errors

this is the msg i am getting do you know why?

:)

The reason you get that message is exactly what the message says.

Sorry, for not making it clear in the previous post:
you have to edit the system PATH variable and add the path
to the ifort.exe (I suspect you will need also to add the path to some libraries.)

Assuming you have administrator rights:
My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables:
-in the "System variables" list locate "Path" variable
->Edit-> add the path to the folder were the "ifort.exe" has been installed. (e.g. "C:\Program Filed\....\BIN")
You need to separate the new path with a ";" from the other paths.
->OK->OK->Apply->OK

If open, you have to restart ABAQUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back