Status
Not open for further replies.

javiarenas

Student
Apr 23, 2023
ES
Hi everyone!

This house is taking off.

I don't know if it's just an aesthetic problem, or if it can lead to something worse.
The facade is intact, the only problem is in the joint between the floor and the facade.

Do you consider that the surrounding soil is descending or, on the contrary, is rising under the foundation?
What do you think would be a long term solution?

Thanks for your feedback.
WhatsApp_Image_2023-04-19_at_19.50.34_1_e9aq8e.jpg
WhatsApp_Image_2023-04-19_at_19.50.34_cf3gmt.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Swelling soil is not usually that much, or as quick. What is the duration of the movement?

I suspect it's more than aesthetic... signs of possibly serious soil failure. It would be prudent to engage the assistance of a good geotechnical engineer. It could be as simple as not compacting foundation wall backfill, but it could be more interesting.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

The owner says that the movement occurred in the first 3-4 years since the end of construction.
It is a recent construction, from 2015.
The owner also says he believes it is the surrounding soil that has compacted.
In addition inside the property, I have not observed any defects in the wall cladding corresponding to the facade.

But something that worries me a little is that the owner has told me that the soil is clayey. Maybe we are talking about expansive clays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back